Saturday, September 14, 2013

Grateful

We had a great week...friends to hang with, extra time spent with Chris, and a bonfire at Teri's tonight. Perfectly relaxed evening until the boys got into it over who knows the best gob pile to climb in the jeeps. That led to whose jeep is best and next thing you know, we are off roading through some seriously shocking terrain.


And yes it was fun. But we went from Wednesday pool-palooza, which was awesome and likely our farewell to summer, to freezing our asses off in jeeps with no windows atop a gob pile. And is that something only southern Illinois people know about, or is it more universal? How bout some train trestle action?  We had all that, including getting lost on the gob pile, which is likely better suited to 4 wheelers than new jeeps, and then we had a techno dance party in the middle of a creek bed in BFE. It's possible I started getting fussy around then.... That's the sort of stuff we did in high school, long before we had houses, yards, mortgages, etc. and I loved it then.  Had it not been 50 degrees and me improperly dressed for it, I would have been in better humor, and better able to appreciate the reminiscing and reenactments of 25 years ago.  Now that I am warm in bed listening to him snore, i am reminded it was another experience for us and I can be a little more gracious and allow that it was fun, even if we got beat up in the jeeps, and I almost froze to death .

In all, though, Friday the  13th was good to me again, short of a few dilemmas I don't want to deal with right now.  I'm happy, I'm cared for, I'm amused and I love the characters that have become stock in my life. I love that Chris enjoys it with me, so it's something we can share. That is priceless.

I am grateful that compared to this time last year, or the year before, that my world is filled with so much amazing. And I see no sign of it doing anything but improving every day. How bout that for amazing?

Stay tuned for more adventures I have to chronicle for you.....

0 comments:

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it

Photo of the Whenever I feel like changing it
Playtime

Followers



SITS Network